I’d kind of like to say that I’m sorry that it’s been such a while since my last post, but I’m not really that sorry. It is just ten days until
my our wedding and twenty days until I pack up and head off overseas for a seven month adventure. So suffice to say there has been a lot on.
I’ve still been eating, don’t worry, and more often than usual tweeting photos of particularly interesting food finds, so if you miss me (which I am kind of presuming you do by the mere fact of this sentence) then follow me on twitter. That way I won’t feel like I’m only followed by group buying companies and food websites from overseas and you would, in a kind of dull yet voyeuristic way, see things that I would never, ever post on facebook or in long form here, mostly because the photos are terrible and taken on my old iphone.
But anyway, ten days out from the culmination of about five or six different spreadsheets the only really decent thing I have to show you is what we’ll be eating on the day. I love my caterer already. If you have to get married, or have a big party, or have a small party and would like to speak to someone who will give your dream supper hot potato bar (and save you one, or at least she promises to) or suggest that pork belly is an appropriate wedding food then Hattie is for you.
To break up the photos of what we’re going to be eating I might provide you with one thing for each day before the wedding (other than aforementioned pork belly and hot potato bar) that I am looking forward to about the wedding…in no particular order:
1.Being able to wear cowboy boots with my dress.
2. Having pretty much all my favourite people in the same room.
3. Dancing, lots of it, and a Cooper family singalong.
4. Yam Seng-ing with my cousins from Malaysia and Singapore.
5. Moscato (singular, damn light-weightness)
6. Seeing CMJ for the first time (well not, ever, obviously).
7. Family photos (am I the only sucker who actually enjoys this?)
9. Lemon Curd and Turkish Delight cupcakes thanks to the home pro bakers.
10. A day full of warm fuzzies.